Experienced and Effective Personal Injury Representation
Founded by attorneys with over 100 years of combined legal experience, the law offices of Hymel Davis & Petersen represents individuals who have suffered significant personal injury because of someone else’s negligence, wrongdoing, or malfeasance. Backed by a team of lawyers with extensive trial experience, our law office is AV-rated* under the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system.
From our offices in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, our personal injury lawyers strive to meet the legal needs of clients throughout the state, along the Gulf Coast, and across the nation.
Advocating for Clients With Serious Injuries
Our personal injury attorneys are experienced at litigating on behalf of clients with significant and complex personal injury claims. We provide advice and advocacy for clients who have suffered a catastrophic injury and the families of wrongful death victims. When your family has suffered because of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, contact our office.
We have handled a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents: We handle the full range of serious car accident claims, including claims involving multiple cars, drunk drivers, uninsured/underinsured motorists, rear end collisions, head-on collisions, side impact collisions, and more.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents often lead to serious injuries and death. We hold negligent and reckless drivers responsible when they do not drive cautiously around motorcyclists.
- Commercial trucking accidents: Truck accidents are caused by a wide variety of negligent actions, from inattentive driving to unrealistic driving schedules. If you have been injured or lost a loved one to a truck accident injury, we can help investigate the accident and recover compensation.
- Medical malpractice: Our attorneys have experience handling medical malpractice claims involving surgical errors, medication/prescription errors, emergency room negligence, birth injuries, and other serious healthcare mistakes.
- Premises liability cases: Property owners often have a duty to protect individuals on their property from dangerous conditions. We bring personal injury claims after slip and fall accidents, dog bites, assaults caused by inadequate security, and other accidents caused by insufficient property maintenance or security.
- Offshore and maritime injury: If you were injured in a boat, on an oil rig, or in any other offshore accident, you may be entitled to compensation under the Jones Act or general maritime law for injured seamen.
- Construction accidents: We strive to secure financial compensation for individuals injured by falling objects, dangerous scaffolding, crane accidents, and other accidents at construction sites.
Speak With Our Personal Injury Attorneys
Take advantage of our free initial consultation. Schedule an appointment with our Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers by contacting us online or by phone at 225-298-8118. Our contingency fees mean that we don’t collect money until you collect compensation.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.