Complex Civil and Criminal Defense Lawyers Serving Baton Rouge
Focusing on complex civil and criminal litigation, the attorneys of Hymel Davis & Petersen provide representation for individuals and corporations in the state of Louisiana and nationwide. Our law office is AV-rated* under the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system.
Our team of highly experienced attorneys represents clients in the following areas:
Complex Civil and Criminal Litigation
We are not afraid to take on the most complex cases involving a wide range of civil and criminal matters.
- Complex civil litigation : We provide high-quality representation in complex civil cases, ranging from breach of contract, to complex trust and estate disputes, to business breakups and disputes.
- False claims and qui tam matters : Our lawyers defend individuals and companies against federal allegations under the False Claims Act. We also help relators file qui tam/”whistleblower” lawsuits and companies defend such claims.
- Appeals We offer sound legal counsel in state and federal appeals, including civil appeals, business appeals, and criminal appeals.
Our business law attorneys have the resources and experience to provide effective business litigation representation to business entities of all sizes, from small, local businesses, to Fortune 500 corporations.
- Unfair trade practices : Our business law attorneys handle complex civil litigation, including matters of fraud, theft of trade secrets, and misuse of proprietary information.
- Business fraud investigations and defense : Our firm represents business owners, business professionals, and business entities involved in any stage of business fraud investigation or litigation, including defending individuals, facilitating internal investigations, and defending companies in civil litigation and criminal.
White Collar Criminal Defense
Our Baton Rouge based criminal defense attorneys provide experienced criminal defense representation for federal and state felonies and misdemeanors.
- State and federal criminal defense : Our partners offer extensive experience as former veteran state and federal prosecutors and as criminal defense attorneys to provide effective defense representation to clients facing federal or state charges in Louisiana.
- White collar crimes : We have the experience and resources to represent clients in complicated white collar crimes litigation, including cases involving program fraud, public corruption, embezzlement, and other charges.
- Healthcare fraud : Our healthcare program fraud lawyers provide professional criminal representation, handling complicated healthcare fraud crimes involving Medicaid fraud at the state level and Medicare fraud at the federal level.
- Tax fraud : We represent individuals and corporate entities in criminal conflicts with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) involving tax evasion and tax fraud.
- Environmental crimes : Our environmental crime lawyers can represent clients in environmental law matters, such as EPA and DEQ investigations and clean water or clean air violations.
- Internet crimes : Our law firm provides experienced criminal defense representation for individuals facing Internet crime charges such as computer fraud, illegal pornography possession, credit card theft, Internet solicitation, and other computer crimes.
Putting extensive trial experience to work for individuals who have suffered serious or catastrophic injury, we aggressively pursue compensation for clients who have been injured due to negligence or malfeasance. We handle personal injury claims involving all varieties of accidents and accident injuries, including car accidents, truck accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and more.
- Motor vehicle accidents : Our car accident injury trial lawyers have the resources to effectively handle your auto accident claim, including claims involving truck accidents, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and more.
- Insurance coverage and conduct : As trial attorneys with decades of experience, we have the knowledge to challenge insurance companies on their decision to decline coverage under their insurance policies.
Call Hymel Davis & Petersen at 225-298-8118
Contact our law firm online or by phone to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers to discuss your legal needs.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.