Experienced Litigators, Advocating In Complex Civil Matters And Criminal
Founded by former federal prosecutors with over 100 years of combined legal experience, the law firm of Hymel Davis & Petersen - Attorneys and Counselors at Law serves civil litigation and criminal defense clients in Louisiana and throughout the nation.
We leverage this experience and proven ability to achieve the best possible results for our clients, protecting their rights and their futures in all types of legal matters.
Complex Civil Litigation Lawyers and Criminal Defense
With three former federal prosecutors, the AV® Preeminent-rated* law firm of Hymel Davis & Petersen - Attorneys and Counselors at Law, offers the experience, loyalty, and determination that clients need when seeking legal representation. With attorneys licensed to practice in Louisiana, Georgia, California, and Texas, our firm serves civil litigation and criminal defense clients in Louisiana, Texas, and throughout the nation.
With extensive trial experience in civil litigation and criminal defense, we are a “boutique” law office based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, dedicated to the practice of complex civil litigation and white collar criminal defense .
Experienced, Effective and Efficient Lawyers
Complex Civil Litigation ∙ Criminal Law ∙ Personal Injury
The lawyers of Hymel Davis & Petersen are experienced trial attorneys who are able to meet the challenges of even the most complex civil litigation and criminal defense cases. We have successfully litigated thousands of cases involving a wide range of civil and criminal matters.
- Business litigation : We represent business litigation clients — individuals and corporate entities — in both civil and criminal complaints, such as accusations of unfair trade practices, tax fraud, and false claims/qui tam matters.
- Personal injury : Our extensive trial experience and ability to pursue complex litigation allows our attorneys to be very effective in representing personal injury clients who have sustained significant injury due to the negligence of another person. We handle claims involving car and truck accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and more.
- Criminal law : Our lawyers defend clients in federal and state criminal matters, including white collar crimes, business fraud, healthcare fraud, program fraud, and environmental crimes. Our reputation runs the gamut from investigations to grand jury matters, to internal investigations to trials, sentencing, and appeals.
- Appeals : Our appellate attorneys offer experienced legal counsel in state and federal civil, criminal, and business litigation appeals throughout Louisiana and the nation.
Call the Law Offices of Hymel Davis & Petersen, 225-298-8118
To schedule your free initial consultation with one of our attorneys, call us or contact our law firm.
*AV® Preeminent and BV® Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Legal Service
- Complex Civil & Commercial Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury